The CETA Apprenticeship Program
Our apprenticeship program is based on the electrical training ALLIANCE curriculum. We are registered with the United States Department of Labor. As for our program, we offer a four-year apprenticeship that combines on-the-job training and classroom instruction. In order to graduate, apprentices are required to complete all classroom instruction and 8,000 hours of on-the-job training.
What to Expect From Your Four-Year Apprenticeship
One great thing about the CETA apprenticeship program is the variety of tasks you will learn and master. Every day is different. While we cannot guarantee a 40-hour workweek, we can guarantee that you will learn to perform the responsibilities of an enriching career that pays well and rewards hard workers. For instance, a general description of your responsibilities might include any and all of the following:
- Electrical systems in residences, duplexes, and small apartment buildings, including services, feeders, and branch circuits.
- Electrical and communication systems in public, commercial, school, and hospital buildings, including transformers, building automation systems, grounding and bonding systems, communication and signaling services, voice-data-video systems, fire alarm, and life safety systems and emergency services.
- Electrical and control systems in industrial buildings and equipment including transformers, motors, motor controls, process controls, power quality systems, and essential electrical systems.
- Necessary shop work preparation and layout required in a modern electrical installation.
- Introduction to job management.
Embark On a Journey Toward Your New Future
If you are ready to embark on your journey toward a career in the electrical industry, then you’ve come to the right place. Apprenticeship with Charleston Electrical Training Alliance includes all the first-hand instruction you’ll need to succeed in your new endeavors. We have been helping electricians get started in the field for 75 years, and we are proud of our legacy. For more information, contact us today.